Sample Preparation for Unconfined Compressive Strength
Gilson’s sample preparation products for soil unconfined compressive strength testing provide efficient and precise sizing, trimming, cutting and molding of soil specimens.
- Adjustable Soil Trimmers are available in two versions for cylindrical soil samples with diameters of up to 3 or 4in (76 or 102mm) and lengths up to 7.5 or 9.75in (191 or 241mm).
- Wire Saws for Soil Samples can be used with Adjustable Soil Trimmers, and also work well for a variety of soil trimming applications.
- Hydraulic Sample Extruder provides easy and efficient removal of soil samples with minimal disturbance. Unit has sufficient force to eject even the most stubborn sample.
- Two-Part Miter Boxes are available in sizes ranging from 1.4 to 6in (35.6 to 152.4mm) and used to trim samples to specified length for testing.
- Two-Part Compaction Molds used to prepare remolded cohesive soil samples for testing.