Gilson’s sample preparation products for soil unconfined compressive strength testing provide efficient and precise sizing, trimming, cutting, and molding of soil specimens.
- Adjustable Soil Trimmers are available in 3 and 4in diameter capacities. Ease of adjustment allows for precisely trimming cylindrical soil samples to any diameter between 1 and 3in or 4in (25.4 to 76 or 101.6mm).
- Adjustable Soil Trimmer Top Platens provide control of diameters when preparing soil specimens for various soil lab tests. Top platens are available to fit a range of soil specimens from 1.0 to 4.0in.
- Hydraulic Sample Extruder can apply up to 5,600lbf (24.9kN) of force to eject the most stubborn samples from thin-walled Shelby Tubes for Consolidation, Triaxial, Direct Shear, and other tests.
- Open-End Wire Saw can be used with a Soil Trimmer, Miter Box, or independently for precision trimming of the soil sample to the specific diameter or length.
- Stainless Steel Straightedges are available unmarked or with laser-engraved graduations from 0–6in and 0.5in increments for monitoring approximate lift thicknesses. Both models are designed for easy and accurate leveling of soil and concrete specimens, in accordance with many ASTM and AASHTO test methods.
- Two-Part Miter Boxes guide trimming of soil specimens for testing in different applications, and are available for sample diameters from 1.4 to 6.0 in (36 to 152mm).
- Two-Part Compaction Mold Assemblies are available for cohesive soils with sample diameters from 1.4 to 6.0 in (36 to 152mm) and used to compact soil specimens in preparation for triaxial or flex-wall permeability testing.