Unconfined compressive strength tests of cohesive soils quickly provide valuable information for design of soil embankments and structures. This test can be performed on intact, remolded or reconstituted soil specimens using strain-controlled application of axial loads. Gilson Load Frames by Karol Warner, and associated components make it easy to create a system to best fit your application.
- Load Frames are manufactured by Karol-Warner and available in models with varying strain rates. They can perform a wide range of laboratory soil tests simply by changing components.
- Load & Displacement Measurement products for testing unconfined compression strength, and measuring loads and displacement are available individually or in a set with all needed components.
- Unconfined Compressive Strength Data Acquisition Software works with the HMA-683D Component Set to record specimen information and real-time test data, calculate results, then prepare reports following ASTM and AASHTO requirements.
- Plastic Discs for Soil Tests are placed at both ends of soil specimen during sample preparation.
- Swivel Platen distributes load properly for soil cement samples up to 4in (102mm) diameter for unconfined compressive strength testing.
- 3in Platens for Unconfined Compressive Strength are designed for used with 2.8in and smaller samples.
- Sample Preparation products designed for unconfined compressive strength testing and include trimmers, saws, extruders and molding components.