Lab technicians and other professionals utilize a variety of standard lab products that are needed to conduct and perform in-house or field laboratory tests on a daily basis.
From flasks, beakers and graduated cylinders to spoons, spatulas, wash bottles, plates, dishes and clamps and more, Gilson’s line of Labware includes the products you use most in the laboratory.
- Spatulas and Spoons are used with all types of samples. They are necessary laboratory items for scooping, mixing, and scraping.
- Flasks are available in various sizes. Our line includes different styles of Filter, Erlenmeyer, and Volumetric Flasks made of chemical, heat, and wear-resistant borosilicate glass.
- Beakers are glass or stainless steel and available with various capacities and graduations. Both Glass and Stainless Steel units can be used with corrosive solvents and bitumen samples; however, Stainless Steel Beakers are unbreakable.
- Graduated Cylinders come in borosilicate glass or sturdy plastic. Gilson’s Graduated Cylinders are available in a wide range of sizes and offer precise measuring.
- Neoprene Stoppers are for use with various Filter Flasks and Graduated Cylinders and come in five different models.
- Measuring Pipettes have capacities ranging from 1ml to 50ml and are color-coded by size. Measuring Pipettes are used for transferring a measured volume of liquid.
- Wash Bottles are available in 250ml and 500ml sizes and are everyday laboratory items used for rinsing and dispensing fluids.
- Porcelain Evaporating Dishes come in capacities of 80ml to 250ml and sizes of 80x34mm to 120x42mm Dia.xH. Gilson’s Porcelain Evaporating Dishes are glazed inside and around the rim.
- Mortar & Pestles are used for different laboratory tests. Mortars are constructed of heavy porcelain and have a 5in (127mm) diameter. A porcelain-tipped pestle is included with the mortar, and an optional rubber-tip pestle is also available.
- Glass Plate is used in laboratory testing for the plastic limit of soils. It has seamed edges and is 12x12in (305x305mm).
- Desiccators are available in 6, 8, and 10in (152, 203, and 254mm) diameters. They are made of clear heavy glass. They are used with desiccant cartridges, available separately.
- Clear Vinyl Tubing is wet sieving essential, and available with 3/8 or 1/4in (9.5 or 6.4mm) ID. It is sold by the foot or in 100-foot (30.5M) packaging. A reinforced style is available in 3/8in (9.5mm) ID.
- Hose Clamp is used to adjust for accurate flow regulation in flexible tubing and constructed of Ni-plated brass.
- Vacuum Aspirator w/Coupling is Ni-plated with a ball valve and prevents water backflow. This 6in (152mm) Vacuum Aspirator uses a 10 to 50psi (0.7 to 3.5kg/cm2 water source.
- Tongs are available in Crucible or Beaker models. They are constructed of Ni-plated steel with a riveted joint. Both are 9in (229mm) long and each has a different jaw shape.
- Laboratory Gas Burners come in Bunsen, Maker, and Tirrell Burner styles. All have a Ni-plated zinc-alloy base and are for 800-1,200btu/cf natural gas.
- Specimen Measurement products include Measuring Tapes available in metric and inch measures, and Digital Calipers for quick, precise measuring of soil specimens.
- Rubber Mallet is constructed of hard rubber with a wooden handle. It has an overall length of 12in (305mm).
- Estwing Rock Hammer is used for digging, splitting, and prying. The one-piece Estwing Rock Hammer is constructed of forged solid steel.
- Chisel is made of hardened steel, is 10in (254mm) long and has a 1in (25.4mm) wide blade.
- Trowels are typically used in laboratory testing related to Portland Cement and masonry. Gilson offers both a straight-edged or curved-edged Trowel with flat blades.
- Porcelain Crucibles are available in 10, 30, or 45ml sizes and used with Muffle Furnaces for loss-on-ignition (LOI) testing with cement, fly ash, and soils. Temperature rated to 1,832°F (1,000°C).