Lab technicians and other professionals utilize a variety of standard lab products that are needed to conduct and perform in-house or field laboratory tests on a daily basis.
From flasks, beakers, and graduated cylinders to spoons, spatulas, wash bottles, plates, dishes and clamps, hand tools, and more, Gilson’s line of Labware includes the products you use most in the laboratory.
- Flasks are available in various sizes. Our line includes different styles of Filter, Erlenmeyer, and Volumetric Flasks made of chemical, heat, and wear-resistant borosilicate glass.
- Beakers are glass or stainless steel and available with various capacities and graduations. Both Glass and Stainless Steel units can be used with corrosive solvents and bitumen samples; however, Stainless Steel Beakers are unbreakable.
- Graduated Cylinders come in borosilicate glass or sturdy plastic. Gilson’s Graduated Cylinders are available in a wide range of sizes and offer precise measuring.
- Neoprene Stoppers are for use with various Filter Flasks and Graduated Cylinders and come in four different models.
- Measuring Pipettes have capacities ranging from 1ml to 50ml and are color-coded by size. Measuring Pipettes are used for transferring a measured volume of liquid.
- Wash Bottles are available in 250ml and 500ml sizes and are everyday laboratory items used for rinsing and dispensing fluids.
- Porcelain Crucibles are available in 10, 30, or 45ml sizes and used with Muffle Furnaces for loss-on-ignition (LOI) testing with cement, fly ash, and soils. Temperature rated to 1,832°F (1,000°C).
- Porcelain Evaporating Dishes come in capacities of 80ml to 250ml and sizes of 80x34mm to 120x42mm Dia.xH. Gilson’s Porcelain Evaporating Dishes are glazed inside and around the rim.
- Mortar & Pestles are used for different laboratory tests. Mortars are constructed of heavy porcelain and have a 5in (127mm) diameter. A porcelain-tipped pestle is included with the mortar, and an optional rubber-tip pestle is also available.
- Desiccators are available in 6, 8, and 10in (152, 203, and 254mm) diameters. They are made of clear heavy glass. They are used with desiccant cartridges, available separately.
- Glass Plate is used in laboratory testing for the plastic limit of soils. It has seamed edges and is 12x12in (305x305mm).
- Specimen Measurement products include Measuring Tapes available in metric and inch measures, and Digital Calipers for quick, precise measuring of soil specimens.
- Plastic Funnel has a wide mouth opening to allow easy transfer of liquids and solutions.
- Step-Up/Step-Down Transformers in 500, 1,000, or 3,000W convert electrical voltages up or down. Each model has a universal output that accepts North American, UK, European, and other plugs, and are CE certified.
- Clear Vinyl Tubing is wet sieving essential, and available with 3/8 or 1/4in (9.5 or 6.4mm) ID. It is sold by the foot or in 100-foot (30.5M) packaging. A reinforced style is available in 3/8in (9.5mm) ID.
- Hose Clamp is used to adjust for accurate flow regulation in flexible tubing and constructed of Ni-plated brass.
- Vacuum Aspirator w/Coupling is Ni-plated with a ball valve and prevents water backflow. This 6in (152mm) Vacuum Aspirator uses a 10 to 50psi (0.7 to 3.5kg/cm2 water source.
- Spinbars are used with magnetic stirrers for continuous agitation of liquid samples.