Lab technicians and other professionals utilize a variety of standard lab products which are needed to conduct and perform in-house or field laboratory tests on a daily basis.
From flasks, beakers and graduated cylinders to spoons, spatulas, wash bottles, plates, dishes and clamps and more, Gilson’s line of Labware includes the products you use most in the laboratory.
- Spatulas and Spoons – Used with all types of samples, Spoons and Spatulas are necessary laboratory items for scooping, mixing and scraping.
- Flasks – Our line of graduated Flasks is available in various sizes and includes different models of Filter, Erlenmeyer and Volumetric Flasks composed of chemical, heat and wear-resistant borosilicate glass.
- Beakers – Glass or Stainless Steel Beakers are available with various capacities and graduations. Both Glass and Stainless Steel may be used with corrosive solvents and bitumen samples; however, Stainless Steel Beakers are unbreakable.
- Graduated Cylinders – Available in borosilicate glass or sturdy plastic, Gilson’s Graduated Cylinders come in a wide range of sizes for precise measuring.
- Neoprene Stoppers – Five different models of Neoprene Stoppers are available for use with various Filter Flasks and Graduated Cylinders.
- Measuring Pipette – Measuring capacities range from 1ml-50ml and are color-coded by size. Measuring Pipettes are used for transferring a measured volume of liquid.
- Wash Bottles – Available in 250ml and 500ml sizes, Wash Bottles are everyday laboratory items for rinsing and dispensing fluids.
- Evaporating Dishes, Porcelain – In capacities of 80ml to 250ml and sizes of 80x34mm to 120x42mm Dia.xH, Gilson’s Evaporating Dishes, Porcelain are glazed inside and around the rim.
- Mortar & Pestles – Mortars are constructed of heavy porcelain, and have a 5in (127mm) diameter. A porcelain-tipped pestle is included with the mortar, and an optional rubber-tip pestle is also available.
- Glass Plate – Used in laboratory testing for plastic limit of soils, the Glass Plate has seamed edges and is 12inx12in (305mmx305mm).
- Dessicators – Available in 6, 8 and 10in (152, 203 and 254mm) diameters, Dessicators are made of clear heavy glass and have available desiccant cartridges.
- Clear Vinyl Tubing – A wet sieving essential, Clear Vinyl Tubing is available with 3/8 or 1/4in (9.5 or 6.4mm) ID, and sold by the foot or in 100-foot (30.5M) packaging. A reinforced style is available in 3/8in (9.5mm) ID.
- Hose Clamp – Used to adjust for accurate flow regulation in flexible tubing, the Hose clamp is constructed of Ni-plated brass.
- Vacuum Aspirator w/Coupling – Ni-plated with a ball valve to prevent water backflow, this 6in (152mm) Vacuum Aspirator uses a 10-50psi (0.7 to 3.5kg/cm2 water source.
- Tongs – Crucible or Beaker Tongs are constructed of Ni-plated steel with riveted joint; both are 9in (229mm) long; however, each has a different jaw shape.
- Laboratory Burners – Available in Bunsen, Meker and Tirrell Burner styles, all have a Ni-plated zinc-alloy base and are for 800-1,200btu/cf natural gas.
- Specimen Measurement – With Measuring Tapes available in metric and inch measures, and Digital Calipers for quick, precise measuring of soil specimens.
- Rubber Mallet – Constructed of hard rubber with a wooden handle, the Rubber Mallet has an overall length of 12in (305mm).
- Estwing Rock Hammer – Used for digging, splitting and prying, the one-piece Estwing Rock Hammer is constructed of forged solid steel.
- Chisel – Made of hardened steel, the Chisel is 10in (254mm) long and has a 1in (25.4mm) wide blade.
- Trowels – Typically used in laboratory testing related to Portland Cement and masonry, Gilson offers both a straight-edged or curved-edged Trowel with flat blades.