The SS-15 and SS-15D are portable sieve shakers designed to outperform comparably priced equipment. Both models deliver superior accuracy and repeatability for particle separations for No. 4 to No. 200 size ranges. ¼hp units combine a back and forth lateral motion with an up and down tilting motion which causes test material to travel in an orbit on sieve surfaces. Accommodates 8in (203mm) sieves.
Free-standing bench-top Shakers hold a stack of six full-height sieves with a pan or twelve half height sieves and a pan. Gilson's new EZ-Clamp System with integral cover slides freely up and down the clamp rods with the push of a button and locks with a quick twist of the knobs.
SS-15 models use 15 minute mechanical-electrical timers with adjustable knob-stops for improved repeatability and a “hold” feature for continuous running.
SS-15D models feature Gilson’s exclusive digital countdown timer with a large LED display to precisely time operation up to 99 minutes at ±1 second. A pause function allows the cycle to be suspended and resumed with no loss of test time, and a five-second audible alarm sounds at completion of the test interval. The controller is simple to program and the large, bright 0.5in (126mm) LED display is easy to read.
- Portable models accurately separate No. 4 to No. 200 materials
- Popular and affordable 8in Sieve Shakers are widely accepted by state DOT’s for testing mineral aggregates
- Units can be operated free-standing or mounted
- Compliant with multiple ASTM and AASHTO standards; Contact us for specific standards requirements
- SS-15 Gilson 8in Sieve Shaker with mechanical timer
- SS-15D Gilson 8in Sieve Shaker with electronic digital timer