Soil resistivity testing equipment utilizes the Wenner 4-pin method developed by the National Bureau of Standards. The test determines the average resistivity of the soils to a depth equal to the spacing between electrodes (pins). Digital or Analog Soil Resistivity Meters are available separately. The selection of one is required for testing. A test kit with the other components needed for soil resistivity measurements is also available. Testing with the Wenner 4-pin method meets ASTM G57 and AASHTO T 288 standards.
- Soil Resistivity Meters are required for use with the Soil Resistivity Kit to determine soil resistance values. Meters are available in analog or digital models. The analog model has 8 ranges from 0.1 ohms to 1.1 megaohms and operates with C-cell batteries. The digital unit has a total range from 0.01 ohms to 10 megaohms and comes with ProCP soil resistivity software. It uses D-cell batteries. Both models come with a NIST Traceable Certificate of Calibration. They are each also equipped with a weatherproof carrying case to store and carry the meter and components conveniently.
- Soil Resistivity Test Kit includes components required for determining the resistivity of soil. The test kit is designed for the maximum pin spacing of 20ft (6.1m) recommended for a standard survey. The kit contains a soil resistivity reel, a soil box with test lead wires, and coil pins. A sturdy plastic case conveniently stores and carries kit components.
- Soil Boxes connect by test lead wires to the resistance meter, have removable potential pins of brass and current plates of stainless steel, and can be used for 4-pin or 2-pin methods. Available in 4.4x1.2x1in (112x31x25mm) or 8.75x1.5x1.25in (222.25x38.1x31.75mm), WxDxH size options.
- Soil Pins (electrodes) used as an electrode in the Wenner 4-pin method, available in 18x3/8in (457x8.5mm) or 30x5/16in (762x7.95mm) size options.
- Soil Resistivity Reel includes four Lead Wires to connect from its hub to the soil box.
- Test Leads for Soil Box connect from hub of reel to soil box, sold as a set of four.