Ohaus Guardian 7000 Hotplate Stirrers accurately heat and stir liquid samples and offer advanced features over other models. Temperature is controlled from ambient +5°C to 500°C. The magnetic drive system provides precise stirring speeds from 60 to 1600rpm. Ceramic top plates ensure even heat distribution and are easy to clean.
The 20cm included temperature probe provides precise regulation of sample temperature when connected to heating control. Single Point Calibration setting allows for increased plate/probe heating accuracy at stored setpoints. five plate calibration points and five probe calibration points can be saved. Temperature accuracy after calibration is +/-5°C for the ceramic plate and +/-0.5°C for the probe. Temperature and stirring speed ramp rates can be set using the SmartRate™ setting providing precise sample control.
The SafetyHeat™ system on Guardian series hotplate stirrers prevents overtemperature conditions before they occur. Two independent sensors continuously monitor and analyze the operation and shut down heating if a fault is detected. SafetyHeat™ also detects malfunctions to maintain system health. SmartHeat™ protects the sample by preventing heating beyond a user-defined maximum temperature. A hot top indicator on the display also protects workers by indicating when the heating surfaces exceed 40°C.
The Guardian 7000 series includes additional safety features. The innovative SmartPresence™ proximity sensor function shuts off the heating if a person is not detected nearby within a user set time-out period. The SmartLink™ Bluetooth® safety feature prevents/stops heating without the Bluetooth® dongle wirelessly connected (dongle sold separately).
The bright LCD display has large, easy to read digits to monitor temperature and stirring speed settings from across the lab. The chemical resistant and easy to clean SmartHousing™ exterior stops spills from getting into internal electronics and remains cool to the touch during use. Stirring capacity is limited to liquid volumes of 15L and 18L. Top plates are rated for loads up to 14.5kg (32lbs). Units operate on 120V, 50/60Hz. Models with the ”F” suffix operate on 230V, 50/60Hz.
OB-80 models have a 15L stirring capacity and a 7x7in (178x178mm) ceramic heating platform
OB-82 models have an 18L stirring capacity and a 10x10in (254x254mm) ceramic heating platform
- SafetyHeat™ detection system monitors electronics and stops overtemperature conditions
- Increased temperature accuracy and stability over other models
- Precise magnetic stirring speeds from 60 to 1600rpm
- Large, easy-to-read LCD display
- Increased heating accuracy with five single-point calibrations each for top plate and probe
- USB connection for computer or storage device allows user-created programs
- SafetyHeat™ temperature protection system monitors electronics and prevents overtemperature conditions of equipment
- SmartHeat™ maximum temperature setting prevents overheating of sample material
- SmartRate™ setting regulates temperature and stirring speed ramp rate
- SmartPresence™ and Bluetooth® SmartLink™ user detection systems for safer operation
- SmartHousing™ protects internal components and stays cool to the touch
- Guardian 7000 Hotplate Stirrer
- 20cm Temperature Probe
- In-Use Cover
- Power Cord
- 3.8cm PTFE Spinbar