Load Frame, 0.00001 to 0.29999in/min is for use in CBR and LBR testing, as well as soil-cement, unconfined compressive strength, and triaxial testing when fitted with the required test-specific Component Set (available separately). It offers the greatest strain rate sensitivity of Gilson’s line of load frames, with a range of 0.00001 to 0.29999in/min (0.000254 to 7.62mm/min).
This unit features a jog function that increases the speed of the platen to the maximum speed of the load frame jack screw (0.3in/min), allowing for faster positioning of the 8in (203mm) diameter platen. A micro-stepping drive controller offers precise control of loading rates to ±1%. It has a total capacity of 10,000lbf (44.5kN) and an 11.9x37.3in (302x947mm) frame opening. Cased in a powder-coated steel finish. A reliable DC stepper motor is matched to the unique speed and torque requirements of the load frame and precisely regulates strain rates to ±1% of the set point. Horizontal cross-head heights can be easily changed using adjusting nuts. The coarse-threaded 1.25in (32mm) high-strength plated vertical rods are corrosion-resistant. The product operates at 120V, 50/60Hz or 230V, 50/60Hz.
- Highest range strain rate of Gilson’s 10,000lbf Load Frames
- Performs well for different soil tests using test-specific component sets
- Strain rates regulated to ±1% accuracy
- Load Frame, 0.00001 to 0.29999in/min (120V, 50/60Hz or 230V, 50/60Hz)
- HMA-94 Rolling Load Frame Cart for portability and correct height positioning of Load Frame
- Load & Displacement Readout Kits are used to pair to data readout box for producing accurate and simultaneous readings of electronic force and displacement measurement
- Test-Specific Component Sets include components for outfitting Load Frames for different soils tests
- Data Acquisition Software records specimen and real-time test data for a wide range of soil laboratory tests and prepares reports following applicable ASTM and AASHTO requirements.