Gilson’s line of Flexible Wall Permeability products contains equipment for use at every stage of flexible wall permeability soil testing, from sample preparation to the final phase of testing.
- Flexible Wall Permeability Cells are available for soil samples up to 6in (152mm) diameter and meet ASTM D5084 requirements. Test Cells are available with brass or stainless steel valves and fittings.
- Flexible Wall Permeability Cell Accessories include Specimen Caps and Pedestals, Porous Stones, Latex Membranes, and End Caps. These are available as complete kits for specific specimen sizes or as individual components. Other accessories are used in sample preparation and handling.
- Permeability Control Panels regulate air and fluid pressures in Test Cells during testing. For one specimen, the Master Panel with digital pressure readout is required. To test an additional sample simultaneously, a basic Auxiliary Panel is added and connected to the Master Panel.
- Toxic Interface Units permit safe testing of soil specimens contaminated with hazardous permeant fluids. They also form a physical barrier to protect expensive laboratory equipment from corrosive damage.
- Pore Pressure Transducer with Digital Readout device precisely measures pore water pressure in a soil specimen and provides a digital readout.
- Sample Preparation products include tools and products for sample preparation, trimming, and placement for testing.