MC-500 Series Concrete Compression Machines have 500,000lbf (2,224kN) capacities for strength testing of concrete specimens. Robust, high-capacity units are configured to test either standard 6x12in (152 x 302mm) concrete cylinders or 12in (305mm) CMU blocks up to 14,100psi, but optional accessories and attachments easily adapt them for testing different sizes of cubes, cores, masonry prisms, and cylinders, as well as flexural beam specimens. They meet or exceed frame stiffness recommendations of ACI 363 to allow continuous uniform loading.
The bottom-mounted hydraulic ram applies upward compressive force and is powered by a 0.75 hp oil-immersed hydraulic pump. The first stage uses high volume and low pressure to rapidly advance the piston. At 135psi of pressure, the pump automatically switches to the second stage. During this stage, the low volume high-pressure flow maintains a continuous rate of loading from 2,000—200,000lbf (8,896—889,600lbf) per minute.
Models include Fixed-height Concrete Compression Machine Mounting Stand to place the frame at an optimum height for efficient handling of samples. The lower platen assembly is a rectangular table and a precision-ground piston with O-Ring sealing and a Teflon® backup ring fitted in a polished steel cylinder. The upper platen is a spherically-seated assembly with a 6.5in (165mm) diameter bearing plate, hardened and nickel-plated with a locking stem to allow quick change out of accessory components. Latchable steel fragment guard doors paired with a high-pressure safety valve offer optimal protection while preventing use beyond maximum machine capacity. The pressure bleed hole of the piston obstructs ram overextension. Side-mounted controllers are available with models and can also be installed in a separate console. Contact us for customizations.
MC-500PRP model has a larger frame opening to accommodate two-block masonry prisms.
Read more on Pro and Pro-Plus Controllers.
- 500,000lbf (2,224kN)
- Accuracy exceeds ASTM C39/39M and E4 requirements
- Frame meets or exceeds ACI 363 recommendations for stiffness
- Latchable steel Fragment Guard Doors promote safety
- Piston with pressure bleed hole prevents use beyond maximum capacity
- Oil-immersed pumps have two stages to maintain a continuous rate of loading
- 0.75 hp motor for smooth, powerful operation
- 500,000lbf Compression Machine (115V/60Hz or 230V/50Hz)
- Pro or Pro-Plus Controller
- Mounting Stand
- 500,000lbf Masonry Compression Machine w/ Pro-Plus Controller (115V/60Hz)