Gilson 400 Series Concrete Compression Machines are accurate and reliable units for compressive strength testing of concrete, grout and mortar strengths. Models have a capacity of 400Mlbf (1,780kN) and include a Fixed-height Concrete Compression Machine Mounting Stand for safe, efficient handling of samples. These rugged units are equipped for testing standard 6x12 concrete cylinders up to 11,300psi, but available accessories easily adapt them for testing of different sized cubes, cores, masonry prisms and cylinders, as well as flexural beam specimens. Frame stiffness properties meet or exceed recommendations of ACI 363 to allow continuously uniform loading.
A bottom-mounted hydraulic ram uses an upward force to apply compression. The first stage uses high volume and low pressure to advance the piston rapidly. The ¾ hp oil-immersed pump switches to the second stage at 135psi of pressure automatically. During this stage the low volume high pressure flow maintains a continuous rate of loading from 2,000-200,000lbf per minute.
The spherically-seated upper platen assembly is 6.5in (165mm) diameter and is hardened and nickel-plated with a locking stem to allow quick change out of accessory components. The rectangular lower platen is a compression table featuring a precision-ground piston with O-ring sealing and Teflon back-up ring resting in a polished steel cylinder.
A high-pressure hydraulic safety valve and latchable steel Fragment Guard Doors offer advanced protection while preventing use beyond maximum machine capacity. The pressure bleed hole of the piston inhibits overextension of the ram. Side-mounted Controllers can also be installed in an optional separate console. Contact us for customizations.
Read more on Pro and Pro-Plus Controllers.
- 400Mlbf (1,780kN) Capacity
- Accuracy exceeds ASTM C39/39M and E4 requirements
- Frame meets or exceeds ACI 363 recommendations for stiffness
- Latchable steel Fragment Guard Doors promote safety
- Piston with pressure bleed hole prevents use beyond maximum capacity
- Powerful 3/4 hp system offers better load control
- 400 Series Compression Machine Load Frame (115V/60Hz or 230V/50Hz)
- Pro or Pro-Plus Controller
- Fixed-height Concrete Compression Machine Mounting Stand