Windsor Probe Systems offer safe, rapid and reliable strength evaluations for lightweight and standard in-place concretes. This powder-actuated tool uses highly accurate power loads to fire steel probes into hardened concrete. The result is an average penetration depth which the operator can easily compare to experimental data or reference charts. Results confirm lab test data, scheduling of form removal and post-tensioning, and assess uniformity. For maximum accuracy, ASTM recommends correlation with the particular mix design tested. Discharge driver by pushing firmly against the actuating template during a test. Each system comes with a portable carrying case with driver and all templates and accessories for positioning and measuring. A kit for determining Moh’s Hardness of coarse aggregate is also included. Probes are purchased separately in Kits or in Cases of 25 Kits. Each Kit contains three probes, three adapters and three power loads, enough to run one test.
WP-530 Standard Test System is a cost-effective choice for users with limited needs. System is supplied with a manually-operated depth gauge to determine exposed length of the embedded probes and a printed chart for estimating concrete strength. System measures probe length in both inches and milimeters.
WP-532A Electronic Test System features electronic acquisition and calculation of probe data, enhancing accuracy and efficiency. The menu-driven electronic measuring system is easy to operate. Simply enter parameters of aggregate hardness and concrete type, position the measuring unit over each probe, and press “Enter” to determine probe depths. Advanced system automatically averages, displays and stores depth readings in memory along with date and time. Calculated strengths are displayed in either pounds per square inch (psi) or megaPascal (mPa) units. Data can be uploaded to a PC with included software cables. Standard systems can be upgraded with WP-700 Electronic Measuring Upgrade. Systems indicate in both psi and mPa units.
- Optimal for accurately and rapidly determining the developing strength of concrete
- Electronic measuring system enhances accuracy and efficiency
- Measurement to 17000 psi (110 MPa)
- Memory for data storage and uploading to PC
- Safe-to-operate with no recoil or accidental discharge
- Compliant with ASTM C-803 and other standards
- WP-530 Standard Test System
- Printed chart
- WP-532A Electronic Test System
- Software cables for printing
- Carrying case with driver and all templates and accessories for positioning/measuring
- Kit for determining Moh’s Hardness of coarse aggregate