Soil Cement is a compacted mixture of soil/aggregate, hydraulic cement and water known for its strength and durability, and widely used as a base for many different pavement applications. It may also be referred to as cement-stabilized base or cement-treated aggregate base.
- Load Frames are adaptable to a wide range of laboratory soil tests. Pro-Loader Load Frames are available with optional digital or analog components that attach to the Load Frame for unconfined compression, CBR, soil cement and triaxial testing.
- Soil-Cement Components include individual products and kits needed for soil-cement testing, and Analog or Digital sets with components specifically for unconfined compression testing of soil-cement specimens in Gilson Pro-Loader and Pro-Loader ll Load Frames.
- Soil Cement Data Acquisition Software works with the HMA-687D Component Set to record specimen information and real-time test data, calculate results, then prepare reports following ASTM requirements.
- Soil Cement Mold Set is required to prepare specimens for compressive strength testing. A supply of additional molds can help ensure efficient sample preparation.
- Dropping-Weight Soil Compactor is used to ensure consolidation of the soil-cement specimen; a falling weight attached to the shaft guide assures precise centering and placement of the specimen in the mold.