Gilson Load Frames by Karol-Warner are adaptable for a wide range of laboratory soil tests such as Unconfined Compressive Strength, California Bearing Ratio (CBR), Soil Cement, and Triaxial testing. This series of load frames are designed to work with a variety of digital and analog sets and other ancillary products, ensuring each user can create a test system that meets specific testing needs. A simple change of components easily adapts the unit for different soil testing applications.
Click the Load Frame Comparison Table above to enlarge, print, or download. The table indicates force capacity and strain rate for common geotechnical testing applications.
- Load Frame, 0.001—0.1in/min, 10,000lbfhas a platen advance that allows for faster set-up.
- Load Frame, 0.0001—0.3in/min, 10,000lbf with a micro-stepping drive controller that allows more precise control of loading rates.
- Load Frame, 0.00001—0.29999in/min, 10,000lbf features a precision strain rate allowing for testing of sensitive soils. The micro-stepping motor and drive controller precisely control load rates.
- Load Frame, 0.00001—0.29999in/min, 20,000lbf features an enhanced strain rate for sensitivity. The best choice when testing ASTM D4767 consolidated/undrained triaxial tests.
- Load Frame, 0.02-2.0in/min, 10,000lbf allows use for a wider range of test methods. Digital and analog components and sets that attach to the Load Frame are available for Unconfined Compression, CBR, Soil Cement, and Triaxial testing.