Saybolt Viscosity Bath accurately determines the viscosity of petroleum liquids at temperatures from ambient to 464°F (240°C). The PID controller maintains ±0.05°F (±0.03°C) temperature uniformity throughout the operating range and provides quick temperature stabilization with the protection of an over-temperature control. Set-point temperatures are displayed in °F/°C. Circulate tap water or refrigerated coolant through the built-in cooling coil for operation at near-ambient temperatures.
The enameled steel cabinet has specimen-area backlighting for ultimate visibility, leveling feet to provide a stable base, and sliding draft shields. The 5gal (19L) insulated stainless steel bath has an overflow pipe and drain valve to simplify filling to the required level. Flasks for 60ml samples can be centered easily on the removable, chemical-resistant alignment plate.
The unit comes with four thermometer supports, four chained corks, withdrawal tube, tube nut and orifice wrenches, two-port closures, four-port covers, and oil strainer. Saybolt tubes, flasks, orifices, and withdrawal pipettes must be selected based on specimen properties.
- Accurate viscosity determinations of petroleum liquids at temperatures from ambient to 464°F (240°C)
- PID controller maintains ±0.05°F (±0.03°C) temperature uniformity while protecting from over-heating
- Built-in cooling coil consistently circulates tap water or refrigerated coolant
- Enameled steel cabinet with specimen area backlighting promotes ultimate visibility
- 19L insulated stainless steel bath with the overflow pipe and drain valve simplifies filling to the required level
- Saybolt Viscosity Bath
- (4) thermometer supports
- (4) chained corks
- Withdrawal tube
- Tube nut
- Orifice wrenches
- (2) port closures
- (4) port covers
- Oil strainer