Ohaus Guardian 5000 Hotplate Stirrers provide precisely regulated heating and agitation for liquid samples. Ceramic top plates supply even heat distribution from ambient +5°C to 500°C. The software-controlled magnetic drive system accurately controls mixing speeds between 60 and 1600rpm.
Guardian hotplate stirrers feature SafetyHeat™, an early detection system with two independent sensors continuously monitoring the hotplate. The system analyzes operation and shuts down the heater before an overtemperature condition occurs. A hot top indicator on the display protects workers by indicating when the heating surface temperature exceeds 40°C.
Heater accuracy can be improved at a selected point using single-point calibration. Up to 3 calibration points for the plate and 3 points for the probe can be saved.
The bright and easy-to-read LCD display shows large temperature and stirring speed settings for monitoring from across the lab and a prominent hot top indicator. The SmartHousing™ enclosure stays cool to the touch, resists chemicals, is easy to clean, and directs spills away from internal components. Other features include an on/off switch to disconnect the heater and a built-in support rod holder. Guardian 5000 stirrers have capacities of 15L or 18L and top plates support up to 14.5 kg (32lbs). Units operate on 120V, 50/60Hz. Models with the ”F” suffix operate on 230V, 50/60Hz.
OB-70 models have a 15L stirring capacity and a 7x7in (178x178mm) ceramic heating platform
OB-72 models have an 18L stirring capacity and a 10x10in (254x254mm) ceramic heating platform
- SafetyHeat™ temperature protection system monitors electronics and prevents overtemperature conditions
- Precise magnetic stirring speed range from 60 to 1600rpm
- The temperature probe can be purchased separately to control the sample temperature. LCD Display has large and easy-to-read digits for temperature, speed, and hot top indicators
- Single Point Calibration improves heating accuracy at a set point. 3 set points each can be stored for the plate or optional probe.
- SmartHousing™ technology resists chemicals, is easy to clean, and provides protection of internal components
- Guardian 5000 Hotplate Stirrer
- Power Cord
- 3.8cm PTFE Spinbar