Totally Enclosed Splitter can be loaded and operated through a complete splitting cycle without releasing dust into the room or losing sample material. This model is an adaptation of our top-selling SP-1 Universal Splitter, designed so that all in-lab sample handling operations are done inside the splitter. Samples in a SPA-100 24qt Steel Sample Pan are placed in a slot inside the top of the splitter through a hinged door. After closing the door, the pan is dumped into the hopper using an external lever. When internal dust settles, the door is opened momentarily to level the sample material in the hopper before using a second lever to release the sample through the adjustable chutes and into two lower pans enclosed by spring-held covers.
Dust-tight hinged panels enclosing the hopper are easily opened to retrieve divided sample material in pans at completion. Aluminum chute bars allow chute widths to be adjusted, and the gate-release hopper controls sample flow for accurate splits. To continue splitting the sample into smaller fractions, a bottom pan can be switched with the feed pan, and the process repeated until the desired sample fraction is obtained.
- An optimal solution for control of airborne particles in the breathing zone of personnel
- Full enclosure eliminates sample loss
- Dust-tight hinged panels are easy to open for sample retrieval
- Exclusive Universal Splitter design has adjustable width chutes and gate-release hopper
- Compliant with ASTM and AASHTO standards
- Totally Enclosed Splitter
- (3) Sample Pans
- PSA-114 Porta Wheels are a set of two and easily attach to the splitter and provide mobility for the unit
- SPA-100 Sample Pan available as additional or replacement collection pan
- SPA-114 Fixed Chute Adapter converts adjustable-width splitter to 10 fixed-width chutes