The Gilson SP-10 Totally-Enclosed Splitter can be loaded and operated through a complete splitting cycle without releasing dust into the room or losing sample material. The SP-10 is an adaptation of our top-selling SP-1 Universal Splitter, designed so all in-lab sample handling operations are done inside the splitter. Samples in an SPA-100 pan are placed in a slot inside the top of the splitter through a hinged door. After closing the door, the pan is dumped into the hopper using an external lever. When internal dust settles, the door is opened momentarily to level the sample material in the hopper before using a second lever to release the sample through the adjustable chutes and into two lower pans enclosed by spring-held covers. Dust-tight hinged panels enclosing the hopper are easily opened to retrieve divided sample material in pans at completion. Aluminum chute bars allow chute widths to be adjusted and gate-release hopper controls sample flow for accurate splits. To continue splitting the sample into smaller fractions, a bottom pan can be switched with the feed pan, and the process repeated until the desired sample fraction is obtained.
- Optimal solution for control of nuisance dust
- Full enclosure eliminates sample loss
- Dust-tight hinged panels are easy to open for sample retrieval
- Exclusive Gilson Universal Splitter design has adjustable width chutes and gate-release hopper
- Compliant with multiple ASTM and AASHTO standards; Contact us for specific standards requirements
- Gilson Totally Enclosed Splitter
- Three Sample Pans