Gilson Rolling Thin Film Oven (RTFO) manufactured in cooperation with ATS features advanced design, durable construction and reliable accuracy to measure the effect of heat and air on asphalt binder properties. A controlled flow of heated air is directed into the openings of horizontal glass bottles as they rotate on a carousel rack, simulating short term aging of the binder during production, handling and paving operations. Precision components ensure precise, repeatable results and straightforward operation with minimal training. The temperature controller is easily programmed for a test temperature of 163°C (325°F), and the maximum temperature is rated up to 200°C (382°F). The unmatched Gilson MO-36 is CE-marked and made in the USA, meeting all test method specifications while exceeding recovery time requirements.
The built-in platinum RTD temperature sensor precisely controls temperatures to ±0.1°C, assuring oven temperature uniformity of ±1°C. Time from ambient to 163°C (325°F) setpoint is 20 minutes, and full heat recovery is 5 to 8 minutes after loading of specimens. A thermal shutdown switch provides over-temperature protection at 215°C. Operating airflow of 0-5,000mL/m is indicated on the flow meter with a range of 200 to 14,000ml per minute. A source of clean, dry compressed air is required for operation at 100psi (6.9bar). Soft, silicone compression rings in carousel slots grip RTFO Bottles securely while allowing easy, scratch-free insertion and removal. This time-saving improvement eliminates costly downtime related to the spring clamp system breakage in existing RTFO models. Cleaning and access for maintenance of the elements are easy with the removable tray at the bottom of the case. The double-wall stainless steel case has a durable black powder-coated finish and is designed with leveling legs for convenient bench-top operation. A set of eight RTFO Sample Bottles are included with the MO-36 oven. Compare our Rolling Thin Film Oven models.
- The programmable operation allows accuracy, repeatability and simple operation with minimal training
- Built-in NIST Traceable Platinum RTD Sensor is mercury-free and precisely controls temperatures to ±0.1°C
- Double-wall stainless steel construction maintains temperatures up to 200°C (382°F) at ±1°C (1.8°F) uniformity. A thermal shut-down switch activates at 215°C (419°F)
- Exceeds ASTM D2872, AASHTO T 240 and California 346 with fast 5 to 8-minute temperature recovery time after loading samples
- High-temperature silicone compression fit gaskets securely grip RTFO bottles for easy insertion and reduced risk of spring-clamp breakage
- The easily removable bottom tray allows for a quick change of elements or spill clean-up
- Gilson Rolling Thin Film Oven
- Set of (8) serial numbered RTFO Sample Bottles