Gilson Rolling Thin Film Oven (RTFO)precisely measures the effects of heat and air on asphalt binder properties. Advanced design and quality components produce accurate, reliable results. Simple programming and straightforward operation ensure minimal operator training time and avoid input error. The CE-marked Gilson RTFO features rugged, double-wall stainless steel construction and is manufactured in the USA in cooperation with ATS. This model meets all test ASTM/AASHTO test method specifications and exceeds recovery time requirements.
A controlled flow of heated air directed into horizontal glass bottles rotating on a carousel rack simulates short term aging of the asphalt binder. The aged binder is further tested to predict characteristics that occur during production, handling, and paving operations.
Warm-up time from ambient to specified set-point temperature is 20 minutes. Full heat recovery after specimen loading is 5 to 8 minutes, exceeding specification requirements and faster than any other manufacturer. The temperature controller is easy to program and features a platinum RTD sensor to precisely regulate temperatures to the required163°C (325°F) ±0.1°C. Oven temperature uniformity is rated at ±1°C, with maximum operating temperature up to 200°C (382°F). A thermal shutdown switch provides over-temperature protection at 215°C. Operating airflow of 4,000mL/m is monitored on the calibrated, adjustable flow meter. A source of clean, dry compressed air at 100psi (6.9bar) is required for operation.
Soft, silicone compression-fit rings in the carousel openings securely grip RTFO Bottles and allow easy, scratch-free insertion and removal. This smarter design eliminates costly scratching and breakage of expensive RTFO bottles caused by old-style spring clamp systems. Access to the heating elements for cleaning and maintenance is easy with the removable bottom tray. The double-wall stainless steel case is finished with durable black powder-coat and features leveling legs for convenient bench-top operation. A set of eight RTFO Sample Bottles is included with the MO-36 oven. Compare our Rolling Thin Film Oven models.
- The programmable operation allows accuracy, repeatability and simple operation with minimal training
- Built-in NIST Traceable Platinum RTD Sensor is mercury-free and precisely controls temperatures to ±0.1°C
- Double-wall stainless steel construction maintains temperatures up to 200°C (382°F) at ±1°C (1.8°F) uniformity. A thermal shut-down switch activates at 215°C (419°F)
- Exceeds ASTM D2872, AASHTO T 240 and California 346 with fast 5 to 8-minute temperature recovery time after loading samples
- High-temperature silicone compression fit gaskets securely grip RTFO bottles for easy insertion and reduced risk of spring-clamp breakage
- The easily removable bottom tray allows for a quick change of elements or spill clean-up
- Gilson Rolling Thin Film Oven
- Set of (8) serial numbered RTFO Sample Bottles