Quadri-Splitter efficiently divides free-flowing material into four representative fractions in a single pass, minimizing sample loss through fewer passes and less handling. The totally-enclosed design also decreases moisture loss and reduces dust to help confine and control airborne respirable quartz, silica, or crystalline particles in the breathing zone of personnel.
Units yield four representative samples for a total sample capacity of 1.6ft³ (45.3L). Gilson's unique tilt-feeding mechanism lifts and rotates the removable feed pan to the hopper opening where it seals to the hopper inlet as the material is dumped. Sample pans are sealed to the splitter body, yet easily slide out. Hinged doors on both sides of the body allow inspection and cleaning of chute sections.
The three chute decks each have fourteen chutes of 1in (25.4mm) width and 60° slope for smooth sample flow, making this splitter ideal for coal and coke testing. One pass yields four 1/4 fractions, each of which can be split again if needed to reduce bulk samples to amounts required for lab tests. Two passes yield a 1/16th split and three passes yield a 1/64 split, each with a set of four representative samples. The splitter has all quality stainless steel contact parts (chutes and pans). Other parts are heavy gauge galvanized steel, spot-welded, riveted, and painted for long life and durability.
- Ideal for dividing coal, coke, and mineral aggregates
- Each pass yields four ¼ representative fractions of the starting sample
- Enclosed construction prevents moisture loss and reduces airborne particles in the breathing zone of personnel
- Hinged doors make inspection and cleaning of chutes easy
- Meets multiple ASTM standards
- (4) 0.4ft³ Sample Pans
- (1) 0.7ft³ (19.8L) Feed Pan
- SPA-111 Feed Pan is available as an additional feed pan to increase sample preparation
- SPA-110 Sample Pan is an extra pan to increase preparation and production