Gilson Bulk Spinning Riffler scales up precision dividing and sample preparation for large bulk samples with greatly improved accuracy over traditional riffle splitters. Aggregates, coal, or ores with particle topsize of 2in (50.8mm) are quickly and accurately split to 1/8 or 1/4 fractions with less handling and risk of sample loss.
The unit works equally well for finer granular materials or powders with large volumes and samples that do not flow well through fixed-chute, gravity riffle splitters.
The high-power vibratory feeder enhances efficiency and improves sample flow. All contact parts are made of high-quality stainless steel for long service life and low contamination risk. The total hopper capacity is 1.8ft³ (51L). The feed rate through the 6.5in (165mm) wide hopper discharge is controlled by a sliding gate that adjusts for openings from 0 to 4in (0 to 102mm) and by power settings of the variable-amplitude vibratory feeder. The adjustable angle of the vibratory feeder and feed trough assembly assures a constant, controlled flow of material. Eight precise sample fractions are divided into special stainless steel collection pans rotating at a constant 14rpm (12rpm at 50Hz) on the turntable.
A precision 1/3hp gear motor assembly drives the rotary turntable, and the 0.32ft³ (9L) collection pans lock together with unique overlapping cutting edges to prevent loss of fines. Lifting bars in the pans are positioned for easy and convenient handling. Working components are mounted in a durable, painted steel frame.
- Fast, accurate separation of aggregates, coal, and ores with 2in (50.8mm) topsize
- Powerful vibratory feeder boosts accuracy and efficiency
- Durable stainless steel parts promote long service life and reduce contamination
- Adjustable angle of the vibratory feeder and feed trough assembly assures constant, controlled flow of material
- Gilson Bulk Spinning Riffler (115V, 60Hz or 230V, 50Hz)
- (8) 1/8 fraction Collection Pans
- SPA-31 Collection Pan used for 1/4 fractions is available as an additional collection pan for increased efficiency
- SPA-30 Collection Pan used for 1/8 Fractions is used as an extra pan for increased efficiency