Marshall Compactor, Automatic, Heavy-Duty Rotating 6in Mold compacts one 6in asphalt specimen into a mold with a rotating base.
Heavy-duty frames limit structural and mechanical wear and tear during the compaction process. A unique, consistent kneading action is driven by the tapered-foot hammer and rotating base plate. The cam-action lever assembly secures molds, and the automatic counter shuts off the unit at the completion of compaction.
An ASTM-compliant oak pedestal with a steel plate, a 22.5lb (10.2kg) tapered-foot hammer, an automatic counter, hammer assembly, package of paper discs, and 6in mold, base, and collar assembly are included.
The MS-6 Automatic Compactor converts to compact 4in Marshall specimens by adding the MSA-114 4in Marshall Compactor Hammers and MSA-101 4in Rotating Marshall Compaction Mold Assembly, sold separately.
- Ideal for compaction of 6in Marshall samples; can be adapted for use with 4in molds
- Heavy-duty frames reduce wear and tear during operation
- Rotating base plate and hammer create uniform kneading action during compaction
- Cam-action lever assembly secures molds
- Counter shuts off the unit automatically at the completion of compaction
- Marshall Compactor, Automatic, Heavy-Duty Rotating 6in Mold (115V, 60Hz or 230V, 50Hz)
- ASTM-compliant oak pedestal with steel plate
- Automatic counter
- Paper discs (pack of 500)
- 22.5lb (10.2kg) hammer
- 6in Compaction mold assembly