MS-6 Marshall Compactor, Automatic, Single, Rotating – 6in Mold (115V/60Hz) compacts one 6in asphalt specimen into a mold with rotating base. Heavy-duty frames limit structural and mechanical wear and tear during the compaction process. A unique, consistent kneading action is driven by the tapered-foot hammer and rotating base plate. The cam-action lever assembly secures molds and the automatic counter shuts off the unit at completion of compaction. An oak pedestal with a steel plate, a 22.5lb (10.2kg) tapered-foot hammer, automatic counter, hammer assembly, paper discs, and 6in mold, base and collar assembly are included. The MS-6 Automatic Compactor converts to compact 4in Marshall specimens by adding the MSA-114 4in Marshall Compactor Hammer Assembly and MSA-101 4in Indexing Marshall Compaction Mold Set, sold separately.
MS-6F Marshall Compactor is identical, but operates at 230V/50Hz.
- Ideal for compaction of 6in Marshall samples; can be adapted for use with 4in molds
- Heavy-duty frames reduce wear and tear during operation
- Rotating base plate and hammer create uniform kneading action during compaction
- Cam-action lever assembly secures molds
- Counter shuts off the unit automatically at completion of compaction
- Marshall Compactor, Automatic, Single, Rotating Base – 6in Mold
- Oak Pedestal with steel plate
- Automatic Counter
- Package of Paper Discs
- 22.5lb (10.2kg) hammer
- 6in mold, base and collar assembly