MS-5 Marshall Compactor, Automatic, Single, Rotating – 4/6in Mold (115V/60Hz) compacts one 4 or 6in (102 or 152mm) asphalt specimen into a rotating-base mold. Heavy-duty frames reduce structural and mechanical wear and tear during operation. The tapered-foot hammer and rotating base plate produce a consistent kneading action during compaction. Molds are secured with a cam-action lever assembly and an automatic counter shuts off the unit at completion of the compaction process. An oak pedestal with steel plate, automatic counter, 10lb (4.5kg) tapered-foot hammer, package of paper discs, and 4in mold, base and collar assembly are included. The MS-5 Automatic Compactor converts to compact 6in Marshall specimens by adding the MSA-113 6in Marshall Compactor Hammer Assembly (Heavy-Duty) and MSA-106 6in Marshall Compaction Mold Set, available separately.
MS-5F Heavy-Duty Compactor has the same features and included items, but operates with 230V/50Hz.
- Optimal for compaction of 4in Marshall samples; easily adapts to 6in samples
- Durable frames decrease wear and tear during operation
- Rotating base plate and hammer deliver uniform kneading motion during compaction
- Cam-action lever assembly secures molds
- Automatic counter turns off the unit at completion of compaction
- Marshall Compactor, Automatic, Single, Rotating – 4/6in Mold
- Oak Pedestal with steel plate
- Automatic Counter
- Package of Paper Discs
- 10lb (4.5kg) flat-face hammer
- 4in mold, base and collar assembly