Proceq Pundit Ultrasonic Pulse Velocity (UPV) Instruments provide an accurate and reliable means of assessing the quality of concrete. Transmission and receiving transducers send and receive a timed pulse of ultrasonic energy through the concrete to be tested. The time the signal takes to get through the concrete is used to determine its homogeneity and integrity. Pulse velocity measurements measure concrete uniformity, detect cracks and voids, track changes over time, and determine dynamic physical properties. Compressive strength can be estimated using the SONREB (SONic-REBound) method, the combined ultrasonic pulse velocity/rebound value from a Schmidt concrete test hammer. Measurement modes include crack depth, pulse velocity, surface velocity, data logging, and E-modulus. A range of additional transducers is available to allow more depth of penetration or better resolution.
CT-133 Pundit Lab+ UPV Instrument features online data acquisition, waveform analysis, and remote control of all transmission parameters and data logging functionality. An integrated gain stage eliminates the need for an external amplifier when using long cables. A real-time measurement stamp captures the precise measurement time and the data review list provides an on-site review on the 3in OLED display. On-board data storage captures up to 500 readings. A USB interface and Pundit Link Analysis software allow analysis or export to spreadsheet applications. Power is supplied with rechargeable batteries or by PC via USB cable.
CT-135 Pundit Lab+ UPV Instrument has identical features to the CT-133 but does not include transducers.
CT-130 Pundit 200 UPV Instrument is designed for harsh environments and features industry-leading components. A rugged housing encloses the 7in color touchscreen, the highest-resolution screen of any UPV tester on the market. A dual-core processor allows the best possible analysis of measured waveforms and the modular, expandable design ensures compatibility with future peripherals and accessories. 8GB of memory stores up to 100,000 Area Scans. Settings are directly accessible on the measurement screen. The Pundit 200 additionally has Line Scan and Area Scan measurement modes. Area scan mode assesses 2D structural uniformity with an adjustable grid pattern and user-definable color classification by material thickness. E-Modulus can be directly determined on the instrument and Poisson’s Ratio is calculated by the PL-Link software. A dual cursor mode measures and displays P- and S-wave velocities simultaneously. Data logging features include an automated countdown timer to the next measurement and graphical pulse velocity development. Included firmware updates throughout the instrument’s lifespan extend versatility and service life.
- Transit time, pulse velocity, path length, surface velocity, and crack depth measurements
- Modulus of elasticity measurement
- Curing status evaluation
- Creation of SONREB curves, measurement time stamp, on-instrument measurement review
- No external amplification needed when used with exponential transducers
- Integrated amplifier gain stage
- Real time stamp
- Ergonomic and lightweight
- 7in color touchscreen (Pundit 200 only)
- Pundit Ultrasonic Pulse Velocity Tester
- Carrying case
- Rechargeable batteries
- Battery charger with a USB cable
- (2) 54kHz transducers (CT-130 and CT-133 only)
- (2) 1.5m BNC cables
- Calibration rod
- PL-Link software
- Transducers are available in multiple frequencies to accommodate aggregate (grain) size and the dimensions of the test object, all models come in a set of 2
- CTA-38 Transducer Holder for compound measurements
- CTA-39 Pundit Lab Carrying Bag for added portability