Pendulum Skid Tester measures skid resistance when a rubber slider on a 20in (508mm) pendulum arm contacts a test surface. A drag pointer on a 0—150 scale measures friction. The unit quantifies the potential of automotive tire skidding on road pavements and evaluates skid resistance of surfaces and polishing tendencies of aggregate samples prepared on an Accelerated Polishing Machine. Adjustments to the arm position and base maintain a true circular path when operated on sloping road surfaces. A supplementary 0—10 scale is included for work using Small Sliders.
Sliders are made with a graded rubber strip bonded to an aluminum backing plate. Gilson supplies Mounted Large or Small Sliders mounted to aluminum plates and Large or Small Unmounted Pads; sliders and pads are sold separately. 3in (76mm) wide Large Sliders are recommended for field testing of road surfaces. The 1-1/4in (32mm) wide Small Sliders are for laboratory testing of polishing wheel specimens. The Laboratory Base Plate is required for laboratory testing of specimens and is sold separately. The base plate is 25x19x2in (635x480x50mm), LxWxH, including a specimen mounting block. Accelerated Polishing Specimen Molds are also available.
The Skid Tester comes with a setting gauge, clear ruler for sliding length verification, wrenches for assembling the unit, soft-bristle brush, spray bottle, folding stool for field use, three metal feet for the tester legs, and a 29x29x13in (730x730x330mm) WxDxH rugged carrying case to hold all the components. The unit is also supplied with instructions, a manufacturer’s five-year warranty, and a traceable certificate of calibration. Order HMA-208P Slider Conditioning Cloth to condition sliders per ASTM E303. They are made of 3µm grade aluminum oxide, measure 8.5x11in (216x279mm), and come in packages of ten.
- For lab or field use
- Optimal for measuring skid resistance of surfaces and aggregate polishing specimens
- Arm position adjustments maintain the circular path, even when operated on sloping surfaces
- Pendulum Skid Tester
- Setting Gauge
- Clear plastic ruler
- Spray Bottle
- Folding Stool
- Three Skid Tester Feet
- Carrying Case
- Traceable calibration certificate
- HMA-208P Slider Conditioning Cloth used for the preparation of Pendulum Skid Testing Sliders
- HMA-204W Lab Base Plate with specimen clamp for laboratory testing
- Mounted Sliders are used in measuring skid resistance of flooring or pavement
- Unmounted Pads are used to measure skid resistance
- HMA-258 Specimen Mold for Accelerated Polishing Machine prepares test samples for skid tester
- HMA-259 Mold Plate for Accelerated Polishing Machine used with specimen mold to prepare samples for testing