3ft³ (85L) Laboratory Split-O-Matic Splitter is optimal for large samples that must be quickly and accurately reduced. With a single pass, this unit processes bulk samples of granular materials into small fractions for efficient preparation of test specimens. This Splitter is well-suited for aggregates, sand, gravel, ores, coal, coke, or other free-flowing granular materials up to 2in (51mm) topsize.
The exclusive three-stage design allows the user to select sample fractions of 1/2, 1/4, or 1/8 of the bulk sample. A selection lever sets internal sample fraction positions, directing selected fraction to the sample pan and the balance to the reject pan. V-bottom chutes precisely align material flow for more accurate divisions. Sample hoppers have a gate-release mechanism for greater control of sample dividing and even distribution of material over the chutes. The SM-3L and SM-3LC have eight chutes per stage and a chute bar width of 4in (102mm). Chutes are sloped at 45° or 60°.
Laboratory Splitter has heavy, welded-steel construction with a painted and baked finish. Front panel doors latch shut for superior dust control and open wide for easy cleaning. Sample pans are included and are size-matched to hopper capacity. Bottom flange is suitable for anchored or freestanding lab use.
- Optimal for quickly and accurately reducing large samples
- Efficiently prepares test samples in a single pass
- Gate-release hopper offers higher accuracy and control of sample dividing
- Three-stage design delivers testing versatility with user-selectable sample fractions
- V-bottom chutes precisely align material flow for more accurate divisions
- Meets ASTM and AASHTO standards
- 3ft³ Hopper Laboratory Split-O-Matic Splitter w/8 Chutes
- Sample Hopper
- Sample Pans