Holmes Hammermill Coal Crushers reduce bulk samples of coal and coke with rotor-swing hammers. The enclosed cases, covered feed hoppers, and rugged cast iron housings assure safe and efficient operation with low maintenance. Feed hopper gates enable manual feed control.
Hinged and latched housings offer quick access to the grinding chamber for cleaning and replacement of the bolted-in screens. The open-latch sensor cuts all power for increased safety and rotors, swing hammers and screen plates larger than 3/16in (4.8mm) are heat-treated and hardened to promote maximum service life. Spring-loaded clamps help seal sample collection containers to discharge spouts for dust control during operation.
Units are mounted on four casters for easy relocation in the lab. A special control box with NEMA 12 magnetic starter and over-load protection is standard and wiring is 230V/60Hz, 3-phase.
LC-201 Small Holmes Hammermill processes feed sizes up to 2in (51mm) at a maximum rate of about 1,000lb (454kg) of coal material per hour. Final size is approximately 1/16in (1.6mm) and rotor speed is 3,450rpm. Covered Feed Hopper capacity is 0.40ft³ (11.3L), and crushing chamber is 7x6in (178x152mm). Powered by a 2hp TEFC motor.
LC-401 Large Holmes Hammermill is suitable for larger feed sizes up to 6in (152mm). Maximum throughput is about 4,000lb (1,814kg) per hour and final sizes range to 3/16in (4.75mm). Standard rotor speed is 1,260rpm. Powered by a 7.5hp TEFC motor.
- Hinged housings for quick cleaning access and replacements
- Safety sensors detect open latches and cut all power
- Swing hammers reverse end-for-end for maximum hammer life
- Hopper gates allow manual feed control
- Spring-loaded clamps secure collection containers to discharge spouts, controlling dust
- Holmes Hammermill Coal Crusher
- Two Screen Plates with round perforations (choose from sizes 1/8, 3/16, 1/4, 5/16, 3/8, 1/2, 3/4, or 1in (3.2, 4.8, 6.4, 7.8, 9.6, 12.7, 19.2 or 25.4mm)
- Two sample collection containers with approximately 10lb (4.5kg) and 35lb (16kg) coal capacity (LC-201)
- A sample collection container (LC-401)
- 10ft (3m) of Rubber-covered four-wire conductor cable for connection to a power source