Gilson Porta-Screens® offer rugged, lightweight portable solutions for quality control of construction aggregates at asphalt and ready-mix plants, with performance, durability, and mobility. Porta-Screens are also useful for the separation of many other materials. Designed for best separation in the 2in (50.8mm) to No. 16 (1.18mm) range, Porta Screens® can efficiently process materials down to No. 200 (75μm) sizes. Capacity depends on test material characteristics but may range up to 60lb (27.3kg) per test. Vibration is mechanically counterbalanced for smooth, stable operation and units do not require mounting.
A built-in electronic digital timer displays remaining test time and automatically resets to programmed time at completion. The timer can run up to 99 minutes, 59 seconds and a pause feature allows interruptions without test time loss. Screen Trays are purchased separately and have a 14x14in (356x356mm) clear screen area. Trays are quickly secured for operation using the dual hand clamp levers. When levers are released, trays are individually-removable for convenient emptying, cleaning, and weighing operations.
Mesh sizes No. 4 and larger have metal shields around edges to cover partial openings for accuracy of separations. Trays with wire cloth in the No. 16 to No. 80 (1mm to 180μm) range have three added support ribs. No. 100 (150μm) and finer trays are supplied with backup cloth support. Replaceable stainless steel mesh is available in all sizes.
The vibrating assembly is mounted on hardened guide pins. The 1/3hp motor, drive shaft, connecting rod, and rotating weight counterbalance system are all enclosed by the enameled steel case. The machine is easily leveled with a foot tab adjustment of the three support legs, guided by an indicator bubble on the top frame. The optional PSA-312 hinged Porta Cover is quickly installed to cover the top, preventing sample loss and reducing nuisance dust. Porta Wheels are an additional option to enhance mobility of these units; the ball-bearing mounted rubber wheels attach quickly to pre-drilled holes in the frame of the Porta-Screen. The optional PSA-367 Porta Sample Pan is a convenient accessory that can be used for loading sample materials and holds inverted trays for emptying and cleaning. The pan allows for easy handling with its swing-away handle and end handle grip.
PS-3 Models are equipped to hold five trays and pan.
PS-4 Models accommodate seven trays and a pan, enabling for two added mesh sizes per test.
PS-3 and PS-4 models fit inside the TSA-180 Sound Enclosure.
- Counterbalanced mechanism offers smooth, quiet operation
- Programmable timer with LED display offers optimal repeatability
- Lightweight, portable frame is ideal for mobile applications
- Gilson Porta Screen®, 5 or 7 tray capacity (115V/60Hz or 230V/50Hz)
- PSA-114 Porta Wheels may be attached for added mobility
- PSA-312 Porta Cover bolts to the top flange to enclose the sample chamber
- PSA-367 Porta Sample Pan is helpful in emptying and cleaning trays and in weighing operations
- Porta-Screen® Trays are available in all ASTM E11 and ISO 565 mesh sizes
- PSA-356 Porta-Screen® Tray Rack is a free-standing storage unit that holds up to eight screen trays
- PSA-310 Dust Pan for collecting and handling fines