Gilson Porta-Screen® have long been accepted for quality control of construction aggregates. The Porta-Screen® models are built for performance and durability, yet are light enough to be portable. Porta-Screens are designed for best separation in the 2in (50.8mm) to No. 16 (1.18mm) range, and can efficiently process materials down to No. 200 (75μm) sizes.
These screening machines are also useful for the separations of many other materials. Capacity depends on test material characteristics but may range up to 60lb (27.3kg) per test.
The 1/3hp motor, drive shaft, connecting rod, and rotating weight counterbalance system are all enclosed by the enameled steel case. The vibration is mechanically counterbalanced for smooth, stable operation and units do not require mounting. The vibrating assembly is mounted on hardened guide pins. The machine is easily leveled with a foot tab adjustment of the three support legs, guided by an indicator bubble on the top frame.
A built-in electronic digital timer has a large LED display with a 5-second audible alarm at zero and automatically resets to programmed time at completion. The timer can run up to 99 minutes, 59 seconds and a pause feature allows interruptions without test time loss. Depending on the model they operate on 115V/60Hz or 230V/50Hz.
Screen Trays are purchased separately and have a 14x14in (356x356mm) clear screen area. Trays are quickly secured for operation using the dual hand clamp levers. When levers are released, trays can be individually removed for convenient emptying, cleaning, and weighing operations. Wire cloth sizes No. 4 and larger have metal shields around edges to cover partial openings for accuracy of separations. Trays with wire cloth in the No. 16 to No. 80 (1mm to 180μm) range have three added support ribs. Trays with No. 100 (150μm) and finer cloth are supplied with backup cloth for support. Replaceable stainless steel mesh is available in all sizes.
PS-3 Models accommodate up to five screen trays plus a pan.
PS-4 Models accommodate up to seven screen trays plus a pan, enabling two added mesh sizes per test.
- The counterbalanced mechanism offers smooth, quiet operation
- Programmable timer with LED display offers optimal repeatability
- A lightweight, portable frame is ideal for mobile applications
- Gilson Porta Screen®, 5 or 7 tray capacity (115V/60Hz or 230V/50Hz)
- PSA-114 Porta Wheels may be attached for enhanced mobility; the ball-bearing mounted rubber wheels attach quickly to pre-drilled holes in the frame of the Porta-Screen
- PSA-312 Porta Cover bolts to the top flange and is quickly installed to cover the top, preventing sample loss and reducing nuisance dust
- PSA-367 Porta Sample Pan with its swing-away handle and end handle grip it is a convenient accessory that can be used for loading sample materials and holds inverted trays for emptying and cleaning
- Porta-Screen® Trays are available in all ASTM E11 and ISO 565 mesh sizes
- PSA-356 Porta-Screen® Tray Rack is a free-standing storage unit that holds up to eight-screen trays
- PSA-310 Dust Pan for collecting and handling fines
- TSA-180 Sound Enclosure reduces noise levels during operation