Rolling Thin Film Oven (RTFO) by ATS is a new benchmark in the simulation of short-term aging of asphalt binder materials. A 6in (152mm) full-color touch-screen controller precisely controls customizable parameters and collect temperature and airflow data during operation. Guided menus with intuitive user interface allow quick set up of all test and performance parameters without the need for extensive training, and a built-in timer allows time and date settings for automatic preheat. The MO-38 meets or exceeds ASTM, AASHTO, EN, and California test methods and its unique design allows custom-setting of parameters by the user for special applications.
The Platinum RTD temperature sensor is NIST traceable and precisely controls temperatures to ±0.1°C and oven uniformity to ±1°C. Heating time to set-point is 20 minutes and full temperature recovery is 8 minutes or less after specimens are loaded. The thermal shutdown switch offers 215°C (419°F) over-temperature protection. The maximum rated temperature is 200°C (382°F). A NIST traceable digital flow meter displays airflow from 0–5,000 ml/m to the accuracy of ±0.8%. A source of clean, dry compressed air is required for operation at 100psi (6.9bar).
Set up to available internet connection allows remote monitoring and control. The completely redesigned carousel system quickly secures bottles with a gentle push; no scratching or fragile hardware to break. Soft, high-temperature silicone compression gaskets grip RTFO Bottles securely while allowing easy insertion and removal; a set of eight RTFO Sample Bottles is included with this model. Cleaning and access for maintenance of the elements are easy with the removable tray at the bottom of the case. The benchtop MO-38 features a double-wall stainless steel case construction equipped with leveling legs. Compare our Rolling Thin Film Oven models.
- Touch Screen Controller for menu-guided input of test parameters
- Data collection for time, temperature and airflow values
- The built-in timer allows time and date settings for automatic preheat
- Easy cleaning and maintenance with a removable tray at the bottom of the case
- High-temperature silicone compression gaskets grip RTFO Bottles securely while allowing scratch-free insertion and removal
- ATS Rolling Thin Film Oven
- Set of (8) RTFO Sample Bottles, serial numbered