864in³ Muffle Furnace has a 14L (864in³) capacity and temperature range of 212—2,192°F (100—1,200°C). This premium large muffle box furnace has a built-in vent port to remove unwanted moisture and contaminants while extending the service life of the heating element and furnace. The unit has thermocouple break protection to cut power to heating elements and prevent thermocouple failure runaway. Its spacious chamber offers four heating elements on the top, bottom, and each side for enhanced uniformity of temperature. The chamber rear is equipped with a 0.31in (7.8mm) diameter port for monitoring temperature. When the door is opened, a safety switch stops power to the heating elements.
Both models operate efficiently for ashing, ignition tests, gravimetric analyses, and determining the volatile matter. They can also be used for testing soils, aggregates, and cement.
MF-6010 temperature stability is ±0.3 at 1,000°C, and temperature uniformity is ±2.2 at 1,000°C. Its controller is a digital single setpoint showing actual temperature and setpoint.
MF-6020 temperature stability is ±1.5 at 1,000°C, and temperature uniformity is ±4.5 at 1,000°C. Its controller is a programmable digital controller with one stored program of eight segments.
- Well-constructed for long service life
- Operator-protection safety features
- Ideal for general laboratory use
- 864in³ Muffle Furnace (12.9 or 18.3 Amps)
- Crucible or Beaker Tongs to safely remove beakers and other labware from the furnace
- Porcelain Crucibles are used for loss-on-ignition testing of cement, fly ash, and soils and are available in 10, 30 or 45ml
- SE-33 Heat Resistant Gloves provide additional operator protection from high temperatures when placing or removing items inside the furnace