The Gilson SM-5L Series Laboratory Split-O-Matic® Splitter with 1.8ft³ (51L) hopper capacity is optimal for large samples that must be quickly and accurately reduced. With a single pass, this unit processes bulk samples of granular materials into small fractions for efficient preparation of test specimens. This Splitter is well-suited for aggregates, sand, gravel, ores, coal and coke or other free-flowing granular materials up to 1/2in (13mm) topsize.
Exclusive Gilson three stage design allows the user to select sample fractions of 1/2, 1/4, or 1/8 of bulk sample. A selection lever sets internal sample fraction positions, directing selected fraction to the sample pan and the balance to the reject pan. V-bottom chutes precisely align material flow for more accurate divisions. Sample hoppers have a gate-release mechanism for greater control of sample dividing and even distribution of material over the chutes. The SM-5L and SM-5LC have >24 chutes per stage and chute bar width of 1in (25mm). Chutes are sloped at 45° or 60°.
Laboratory Splitter has heavy, welded-steel construction with painted and baked finish. Front panel doors latch shut for superior dust control and open wide for easy cleaning. Sample pans are included, and are size-matched to hopper capacity. Bottom flange is suitable for anchored or freestanding lab use.
- Optimal for quickly and accurately reducing large samples
- Efficiently prepares test samples in a single pass
- Gate-release hopper offers greater accuracy and control of sample dividing
- Three-stage design delivers testing versatility with user-selectable sample fractions
- V-bottom chutes precisely align material flow for more accurate divisions
- Meets ASTM and AASHTO standards
- Gilson 1.8ft³ Hopper Laboratory Split-O-Matic® Splitter w/24 Chutes, 45° or 60° Chute Angle
- Sample Hopper
- Sample Pans