Augers, Soil Sampler Extensions and related accessories provide fast and accurate profiling of soil layers and collection of samples for classification and testing across a variety of soil types. The lightweight, but sturdy Augers, Handles and Extensions are easy to transport and use. This line of soil sampling equipment is designed to increase depth penetration capacity by several feet for more extensive exploration. Augers, Extensions, Handles and Quick-Connect Pins are available with either stainless steel or carbon steel construction.
- Standard Augers for sampling most soil types, have an open bit design, and are available in 3in (76mm) and 4in (102mm).
- Clay Augers also have an open bit design and work well in cohesive soils. Available in 3in (76mm) and 4in (102mm).
- Sand Augers are designed for looser, granular soils and have closed bits to retain cuttings. They are available in 3in (76mm) and 4in (102mm).
- Mud (Dutch) Augers are best-suited for muck-like, boggy and root-bound soils. This auger offers an open design and is available only in 3in (76mm).
- One-Piece Soil Samplers are available with 11in (279mm) or 14in (360mm) lengths. They have a T-handle and steel construction that allows penetration into tougher soils.
- Adapter for Quick-Connect Augers are required to connect augers and older-model extensions with threaded connections to quick-connect components.
- Quick-Connect Pins are required for connecting Augers and Extensions in quick-connect configurations.
- Handles & Extensions connect to augers and help achieve greater depth penetration into the soil. They come in 2, 3, 4 and 5ft (610, 914, 1,219 and 1,524mm). Handles have a T-design to help more easily guide the extensions deeper.