Augers, Soil Sampler Extensions and related accessories provide fast and accurate profiling of soil layers and collection of samples for classification and testing across a variety of soil types. The lightweight, but sturdy Augers, Handles and Extensions are easy to transport and use. This line of soil sampling equipment is designed to increase depth penetration capacity by several feet for more extensive exploration. Augers, Extensions, Handles and Quick-Connect Pins are available with either stainless steel or carbon steel construction.
- Standard Augers – Used for sampling most soil types, standard augers have an open bit design, and are available in 3in (76mm) and 4in (102mm).
- Clay Augers – Like the standard augers, clay augers have an open bit design and work well in cohesive soils. Available in 3in (76mm) and 4in (102mm).
- Sand Augers – Designed for looser, granular soils, sand augers have closed bits to retain cuttings and are available in 3in (76mm) and 4in (102mm).
- Mud (Dutch) Augers – Best-suited for muck-like, boggy and root-bound soils, the mud auger offers an open design and is available only in 3in (76mm).
- One-Piece Soil Samplers – Available in 11in (279mm) or 14in (360mm) lengths, these units have a T-handle and steel construction that allows penetration into tougher soils.
- Adapter for Quick-Connect Augers – These adapters required to connect augers and older-model extensions with threaded connections to quick-connect components.
- Quick-Connect Pins – These pins are required parts for connecting Augers and Extensions in quick-connect configurations.
- Handles & Extensions – Used for connecting to augers, extensions help achieve greater depth penetration into the soil, and come in 2, 3, 4 and 5ft (610mm, 914mm, 1,219mm and 1,524mm). Handles have a T-design to help more easily guide the extensions deeper.