Jones Splitters are precision made for exact dividing and mixing of fine powders and granular material samples. Alternating fixed-width chutes deliver half of sample to each of two pans. Select models with chute openings 2.5 to 3 times larger than sample topsize to avoid bridging during separation.
Jones Splitters are ruggedly constructed for long service life. The SP-171 and SP-171X are designed for materials with 1.0 to 1.5mm top size. The stainless steel feeder guides material directly past fixed-width chutes and into two sample pans. Pans have an extended back to prevent spillage.
SP-173, SP-174, SP-175, and SP-177 splitters are similar in design and quality to the SP-171 Jones Riffle Splitter models, but feature larger capacities and gated hoppers that hold material until released for greater control and accuracy. The gated hopper permits easy mixing and distribution of samples prior to splitting and requires only the two included pans for processing. Frames and hoppers are stainless steel, while riffle plates are hardened aluminum.
SP-171 Jones Splitter has fourteen chutes with 1/8in (3.2mm) chute width openings. The chutes and sample pans are both made of hardened aluminum. Four SPA-241 Standard Aluminum Sample Pans are included. SPA-242 0.5L High-Volume Aluminum Sample Pan is available for handling larger sample volumes.
SP-171X Jones Splitter has fourteen chutes with 1/8in (3.2mm) chute width openings. It features all stainless steel contact parts to avoid sample contamination, and includes three SPA-240X Stainless Steel Pans.
SP-173 Jones Splitter has thirty-two chutes wiith 1/4in (6mm) chute width openings. It's hopper capacity is 160in³ (2.6L). Order SPA-244 for additional Aluminum Sample Pans.
SP-174 Jones Splitter has sixty-four chutes with 1/4in (6mm) chute width openings. It's hopper capacity is 325in³ (5.3L). Order SPA-245X for additional Stainless Steel Sample Pans.
SP-175 Jones Splitter has twenty-two chutes with 3/8in (9.5mm) chute width openings. It's hopper capacity is 100in³ (1.6L). Order SPA-244 for additional Aluminum Sample Pans.
SP-177 Jones Splitter has sixteen chutes with 1/2in (13mm) chute width openings. It's hopper capacity is 150in³ (2.5L). Order SPA-244 for additional Aluminum Sample Pans.
- Ruggedly constructed for long service life
- Compliant with ASTM and AASHTO standards
- Jones Splitter
- Sample pans
- SPA-241 Standard Aluminum Sample Pan for increased sample collection for use with SP-171
- SPA-242 High-Volume Aluminum Sample Pan has 0.5L capacity and is used for handling larger sample volumes for use with SP-171
- SPA-240X Stainless Steel Sample Pan for use with SP-171X, used to avoid sample contamination, and features an extended back and sides to prevent sample loss.
- SPA-244 Aluminum Sample Pan with extended height helps prevent spillage and used for collecting samples from SP-173, SP-175 and SP-177 models
- SPA-245X Stainless Steel Sample Pan for use with SP-174 all stainless steel Jones Riffle Splitter; additional pans allow for increased sample collection