V-PAD Rotational Viscometer provides rapid measurements of medium viscosity samples. When testing in accordance with ASTM D4402 and AASHTO T316 standards, the LP-37 measurements can be used to determine mixing and compaction temperatures of asphalt and estimate binder flow, mix, and performance characteristics in varying climatic conditions. A rotating spindle is placed in asphalt binder heated to precisely controlled temperatures using the LPA-42 Thermosphere Set. The spindle torque and speed are then used to measure the binder’s apparent viscosity.
The LP-37 is controlled with the supplied 8-inch Android tablet and Fungilab App. Real-time graphing of data is saved in a comprehensive database and can be exported in PDF or .csv format for later analysis and reporting. The Fungilab App supports multiple languages and displays all test parameters and measured values for yield stress, viscosity, and temperature. The tablet and VPAD feature both WiFi and Bluetooth connectivity for optimal control of all unit functions and data transfer.
User-defined programs include time to torque, time to stop, step, and ramp. Multiple programs can be created and saved for later use. Additional program parameters include a customizable speed list be-tween 0.01–250rpm, spindle type, sample density, quality control limit alarms, graphing axis, and temperature offset values, and the frequency of data collection. Automatic calibration and quality control limit functions use audible alarms to indicate a startup malfunction or out of range limit.
Displayed data includes selected speed, selected spindle, viscosity reading in cP or mPa/s, percentage of full scale, sample temperature in °C or °F, shear rate, and shear stress (with coaxial spindles), and user-defined density. The auto-range feature shows maximum viscosity measured with any spindle/speed combination.
- RTD temperature probe
- Temperature range: -40°C – 300°C (-40°F –572°F)
- Viscosity range: 100cP to 40 million cP
- Accuracy: 1% of range and reproducible to ±0.2%
- 8in (203mm) color touchscreen Android tablet
- User-defined time to torque, time to stop, step, and ramp programs
- Customizable testing parameters
- Auto-range displays viscosity limits
- Automatic calibration and quality control limit functions
- Complete tablet control via Bluetooth or WiFi
- Test data sent to a printer or PC
- Multiple language support
- Fungilab VPAD Rotational Viscometer (100–240V/50–60Hz)
- Adjustable base
- Viscometer head
- PT100 RTD temperature probe
- 8in tablet with Fungilab App
- Spindle protector and rack
- Carrying case
- Calibration certificate
- Power supply