Speedy 2000 Gas Pressure Moisture Testers are widely accepted for rapid, accurate, and reliable moisture tests on all kinds of materials including sand aggregates, ores, coal, soils, ceramics, abrasives, and other powders. Units are portable, easy to use and do not require a power supply. Samples can be tested on-site in minutes, eliminating the risk of moisture loss during transport. Choose from four available models based on particle size, percent moisture range and desired gauge accuracy.
MA-20A and MA-21A Standard Models are used for sand, grains, clays and fine powders.
MA-25 and MA-25C Large Models handle soils, aggregates, coal and ores with particle sizes up to 20mm.
See the Specifications tab for detailed ranges and weights for making your selection.
Moisture ranges can be doubled by using 1/2 specimen weight and multiplying gauge reading by two. All units have tough, die-cast polished aluminum body (pressure chamber) with integral dial.
Place weighed sample in the tester with measured quantity of calcium carbide reagent and seal with cap. Upon agitation, free moisture in test sample reacts with calcium carbonate to form acetylene gas. Pressure gauge reads directly in percent moisture by weight within 1—3 minutes.
- Fast, accurate proven method for moisture testing on many material types
- Meets ASTM, AASHTO and Florida requirements
- MAA-44 Calcium Carbide Reagent in 10lb cans is purchased separately
- Portable, easy to operate and no power supply required
- Reduced risk of moisture loss during transport
- Standard or Large Speedy 2000 Moisture Tester
- Electronic digital balance
- Reagent measuring scoop
- Cleaning cloth
- Two steel balls to pulverize samples (MA-25 and MA-25C only)