The HM-74 Pressure Aging Vessel (PAV) uses heated, pressurized air to simulate long-term oxidative aging of asphalt binders. The PAV3 by ATS is the first model on the market to feature touch screen technology and programmable features for a diverse range of applications.
Testing is as easy as one, two, three. Use the intuitive touch screen to press the Heat button, insert specimens when prompted, and press the Age button. This state-of-the-art system meets ASTM, AASHTO, and EN 14769 requirements and features a platinum resistance temperature detector for accurate temperature measurement. A pressure relief valve and high-temperature thermal shut-down keep the operator safe, and a USB port on the front of the unit allows for easy storage and recovery of test data. The system also enables web-based control of the PAV using a mobile device and remote access app.
Each PAV consists of a vertical pressure vessel enclosed in a stainless steel cabinet with encased band heaters and built-in pressure and temperature measurement controls. An industrial strength Sample Holder, a set of ten stainless steel Specimen Pans, and a Specimen Handling Tool are included. You have the option to order Additional Pans as single units or complete sets, depending on your application.
The system has an operating pressure range of 340-350psi (2.34 – 2.41MPa) and temperature range programmable from 50°—150°C, with resolution of 0.1°C. The stainless steel cabinet measures 28x18x30in (710x460x760mm), WxDxH. Bottled compressed air with a pressure of at least 340psi (2.34mPa) is required. Model is supplied with a regulator; Compressed air is user-supplied.
- First PAV on the market with touch screen technology to simulate long-term of asphalt binder
- Straightforward oxidative aging test in three easy steps; minimal training required
- Web-based remote control via mobile device
- Compliant with ASTM, AASHTO and BS EN 14769 requirements
- Accurate temperature uniformity with platinum resistance temperature detector
- Advanced safety features including pressure relief valve and thermal shut-down mode
- HM-74 Pressure Aging Vessel
- Industrial Strength Sample Holder
- 10 Stainless Steel TFOT Specimen Pans
- Specimen Handling Tool