Asphalt binder testing is a key step to ensure proper mix design and hot mix asphalt production. Gilson has everything you need to perform design and QC/QA tests for viscosity, short and long-term aging of binder, shear and flexural strength and much more!
Our versatile line includes advanced equipment that will allow remote, web-based monitoring and control from anywhere in the world.
- Melting Pots make it easy to dispense asphalt binder for laboratory and mix design testing.
- ATS Bending Beam Rheometers are innovative units that accurately predict low-temperature thermal cracking of asphalt pavements by determining flexural creep stiffness of asphalt binder.
- ATS Pressure Aging Vessel is a state-of-the-art, stainless steel-constructed model that simulates long-term oxidative aging of asphalt binder.
- ATS Vacuum Degassing Oven is an easy-to-operate touch-screen unit for degassing pressure aged binder samples to meet ASTM and AASHTO standards.
- Rolling Thin Film Ovens feature model options with advanced or basic controls to effectively measure the short-term aging effects of heat and air on asphalt binder.
- AMETEK Brookfield Rotational Viscometer/Rheometers offer rapid, reproducible, high-temperature viscosity measurements aligned to the AASHTO T 201 glass capillary method for estimating mixing and compaction temperatures in hot-mix design.
- Dynamic Shear Rheometer determines linear viscoelastic properties of performance-graded asphalt binders at temperatures from 5°—85°C (41°—185°F).
- Softening Point Ring and Ball Apparatus is a traditional method to measure the softening point of asphalt, coal tar pitch and other viscoelastic bitumen.
- Universal Penetrometers are direct-reading precision instruments for bituminous materials. They can also be used to test waxes, greases, foods, and pharmaceuticals.
- Flash Point Testers determine flash and fire points of flammable liquids.
- Viscosity Testing products are used when evaluating basic binder properties.
- Ductility Testers measure elongation of binder specimens before failure. A heating and cooling circulator assures complete temperature control.
- Rotovapor Apparatus System recovers asphalt from extraction solvents for further analysis with minimal changes to asphalt properties.