The innovative Gilson Spinning Riffler is a rotary sample divider that offers much better accuracy and reliability than traditional riffle splitters for separating dry materials. A built-in vibratory feeder provides a constant flow of material from a stainless steel hopper with 1L capacity. The durable urethane-based resin dividing head sharply separates flowing material into as many as sixteen 60ml glass samples.
The SP-230 features a custom designed touchscreen controller/display, minimal moving parts and an outer case designed for easy clean-up and maintenance. Operation is quieter and safer thanks to an isolated motor and vibrator, automatic cog belt-drive system and sample vessel enclosure. Available sample vials with threaded caps enable freshly divided samples to be sealed and stored immediately with minimal handling and little chance for contamination. Standard Test Tubes or Vials are contained within the drum during operation to minimize exposure of moving parts and contain spillage. Rotation speed is continuously variable between 0—20rpm and the vibration amplitude of the feeder is variable as well. All adjustments are controlled and displayed on the touch screen. The unique, digitally controlled stepper motor turns a toothed belt and cogged drive wheel. Speed control is very accurate with no slippage under normal loads. A separate motor operates the vibratory feeder at 60Hz frequency and digitally controlled variable amplitude. A “sleep” mode conserves power when the unit is not operating. Main power supply voltage is automatically sensed, allowing any AC input from 85—264V, and 47—63Hz single phase.
- Isolated motor and vibrator promote safe, quiet operation
- Touch screen controller displays rotation speed and vibration level for optimal control
- Optional Threaded Vials make capping of sample quick and easy with minimal handling required
- Gilson Spinning Riffler
- Power cord for standard North-American outlet configurations
- Sixteen-port Dividing Head
- Sixteen Standard Test Tube Sample Vessels
- Enclosed Sample Drum with stainless steel plate holds sample vessels