James Cox and Sons Rolling Thin Film Ovens (RTFO’s) provide accurate chamber temperatures with minimal overshoot for measuring the effect of heat and air on a moving film of asphalt binder. This simulates short-term aging during production, handling and paving operations as a controlled flow of heated air is directed into rotating glass bottles.
Units feature a PID controller, Precision Resistance Temperature Detector (RTD) and dual four-digit display for simultaneous viewing of actual and set point temperatures. A solid-state digital temperature controller with built-in over-temperature protection and 200 Watt heating controls temperature to ±1°F at 325°C (±0.5°C at 163°C). Ovens have enameled steel exterior and double-wall construction. Older MO-30 units can be upgraded with a Digital Flowmeter. Optional MOA-12 or Data Logging MOA-14 electronic platinum resistance thermometers (PRT) can be specified when ordering a new oven, or ordered separately. These precision thermometers are accurate to ±0.05°C (±0.09°F) and are acceptable alternatives to mercury thermometers and avoid regulatory restrictions.
MO-30 Units are supplied with a mechanical flowmeter, moisture indicator and air pressure gauge with regulator.
MO-32 Units have moisture indicators and air pressure gauges with regulators, but feature a digital flowmeter rather than mechanical.
“F” suffix species units with 230V/50Hz voltage.
- Precise chamber temperature with minimal overshoot
- Dual four-digit display provides simultaneous view of actual & set point temperatures
- Solid-state digital temperature controller controls temperature to ±1°F at 325°C (±0.5°C at 163°C)
- MO-30 or MO-32 James Cox and Sons Rolling Thin Film Oven
- Eight serial-numbered RTFO Bottles
- Stainless steel tongs with gripper pads for easy handling of hot bottles