Vitrobond Ingot Capping Compound for concrete compressive strength testing is a solution that’s easy to store and handle. This sulfur-based dark gray compound is carbon filled, and melts and pours smoothly for consistent results. Compressive strength exceeds 5,000psi (34.4kPa) at two hours and increases to 7,000psi (48.3kPa) at 7 days. Ingots come in 50lb (23kg) cartons, each with ten 5lb ingots. Pieces break easily for melting to pouring temperature of 280°—300°F (138°—140°C). Physical strength ratings are 600psi tensile strength and 1,300psi modulus of rupture by ASTM C307 methods. The compound must not be heated above 320°F (160°C). Using excessive release oil may affect cap strength. Price varies by order quantity.
- Optimal solution for even load distribution during concrete strength testing with easy handling and storage
- Compound melts and pours smoothly for consistent results
- Compressive strength exceeds 5,000psi (34.4kPa) at two hours and increases to 7,000psi (48.3kPa) at 7 days
- HM-189 Vitrobond Ingot Capping Compound (1-4 Cartons)
- HM-190 Vitrobond Ingot Capping Compound (5 or More Cartons)
- Order 5 or more cartons for value price option