The Rotovapor recovers asphalt from extraction solvents with minimal changes to asphalt properties, allowing further testing. The PT-12 Rotavapor® Apparatus System integrates the control and monitoring of specified temperature, rotational motor speed, and vacuum generation into one streamlined system. The distillation flask containing the solvent/asphalt mix adjusts to rotate at the specified 15° angle while immersed in the heated oil bath. The heated vapors are drawn under partial vacuum over the cooling condenser, separating out the solvent into a recovery flask. A feed inlet tube permits continuous or intermittent sample additions to the distillation flask.
The precision motor permits flask rotation speeds from 20—280rpm, and a built-in quick-action jack raises or immerses the flask in the oil bath. The oil bath has 180 ±2°C (356°F) temperature capability, and features a large display showing both actual and set-point temperatures. Vapor temperature and rotation speed of the flask are displayed continuously during operation.
The PT-12 System consists of the Rotavapor® evaporator equipped with a diagonal condenser assembly, 1L distillation and solvent recovery flasks, high-temperature oil bath, and vacuum pump with precision electronic regulator. Vacuum is supplied by a four-head, PTFE diaphragm pump with a flow rate of 109ft³ (3.1m³) per hour with ultimate vacuum below 0.06in Hg (2 mbar). The vacuum controller has a USB interface for transfer of vapor and bath temperature, as well as pressure to a user-supplied PC. The complete extraction and recovery process described in AASTO T 319 also requires the HM-750R Filterless Centrifuge, purchased separately. Models are CSA/CE approved.
- One streamlined machine controls specified temperature, rotational motor speed, and vacuum generation for asphalt recovery from extraction solvents
- Flask rotation speeds from 20—280rpm
- Oil bath with 180 ±2°C (356°F) temperature capability features a display of both actual and set-point temperatures
- PT-12 Rotavapor® Apparatus System
- Diagonal Condenser Assembly
- 1L Distillation and Solvent Recovery Flask
- High-Temperature Oil Bath
- Vacuum Pump with Precision Electronic Controller