SS-20 Rotary Sifters with ¼ hp motors offer an improved, reengineered version of a classic design for accurate sieving separations. Design advances, upgraded materials and quieter, more efficient operation make this unit an innovative standout in the industry.
Sieve stack capacity ranges from six 12in diameter full-height sieves with pan, or up to twenty 8in diameter half-height sieves with pan. Assembled sieve stacks are simply placed inside and the cabinet is rotated back against the stops with no clamping required. An ergonomic knob allows easy rotation of the cabinet between the loading and testing positions. A drive roller system continuously rotates the sieve stack with particle separations assisted by tapping against the stack.
The totally enclosed cabinet allows for safe, dust-free operation and a digital countdown timer with a large LED display precisely times operation up to 99 minutes at ± 1 second. Pause function allows the cycle to be suspended and resumed with no loss of test time, and a five-second audible alarm sounds at completion of the interval. The controller is simple to program and the large, bright 0.5in (126mm) LED display is easy to read.
Hammer assemblies are 6061 aluminum alloy with Ultra High Molecular Weight (UHMW) Polyethylene heads. Rugged painted case is dense, impact resistant MDF board and is mounted on a sturdy, powder-coated ASTM A 513 heavy steel tubing stand.
- Preferred design with some state DOT’s
- Simple and efficient operation with no clamping required
- Enclosed cabinet keeps out dust and nuisance noise
- Powerful ¼ hp continuous duty motors promote smooth operation
- Compliant with multiple ASTM and AASHTO standards; Contact us for specific standards requirements
- SSA-72 Replacement Rotary Sifter Hammer Assembly
- SSA-74 Rotary Sifter Hammer Head
- SSA-76 Timer/Controller
- SSA-77 Swivel Casters