The RTFO Touch Rolling Thin Film Oven by ATS is a new benchmark in the simulation of short-term aging of asphalt binder materials. A 6in (152mm) full color touch-screen controller and built-in computer precisely control customizable parameters and collect temperature and airflow data during operation. Guided menus with intuitive user interface allow quick set up of all test and performance parameters without the need for extensive training, and a built-in timer allows time and date settings for automatic preheat. The MO-38 meets or exceeds ASTM, AASHTO, EN, and California test methods and its unique design allows custom-setting of parameters by the user for special applications.
The Platinum RTD temperature sensor is NIST traceable and precisely controls temperatures to ±0.1°C and oven uniformity to ±1°C. Heating time to set-point is 20 minutes and full temperature recovery is 8 minutes or less after specimens are loaded. The thermal shutdown switch offers 215°C over-temperature protection. Maximum rated temperature is 215°C (419°F). An NIST traceable digital flow meter displays air flow from 0-5,000 ml/m to accuracy of ±0.8%. Set up to available internet connection allows remote monitoring and control. The completely redesigned carousel system quickly secures bottles with a gentle push; no scratching or fragile hardware to break. Soft, high-temperature silicone compression gaskets grip RTFO Bottles securely while allowing easy insertion and removal. Cleaning and access for maintenance of the elements is easy with the removable tray at the bottom of the case. The bench top MO-38 features double-wall stainless steel case construction equipped with leveling legs.
- Touch Screen Controller for menu-guided input of test parameters
- Data collection for time, temperature and airflow values
- Built-in timer allows time and date settings for automatic preheat
- Easy cleaning and maintenance with removable tray at the bottom of the case
- High-temperature silicone compression gaskets grip RTFO Bottles securely while allowing scratch-free insertion and removal
- MO-38 ATS RTFO Touch Rolling Thin Film Oven